Owning and running a small business is hard work, especially when I have to schedule my hours around being a full-time mom! I love every minute of it though, so I do what is necessary to make ends meet. Affiliate links are one way to help me bring my readers value.
Affiliate marketing is promoting a product or service in return for a commission. When you purchase a product or service through one of my links, I earn a small part of the sale at no extra cost to you.
I only link to products or services that I 100% believe in. I provide information about businesses, services, or products if I have personal knowledge of the quality and know that they are worthy of your valuable time and hard-earned money.
Cookies. Some are chocolate chip; others are storing info about you. Here on this site, because I sometimes partner with companies, there are cookies storing info about you and it is to enhance your user experience. I wish they were the chocolate-chip kind, but we can’t all be choosy.
You can adjust cookies in your own browser settings if you want to opt out of such files.
Other reasons we collect your information:
- To improve customer service–Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience–We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site–We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments–We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To share your information with third parties–We may share or sell information with third parties for marketing or other purposes.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature—we may send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails–We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- print posts/content of our site for non-commercial use (up to 20 copies only) as long as you include the following copyright notice: “© Kate Johnston | Author & Story Coach. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.katejohnstonauthor.com.”
- re-post a summary of an article (or an excerpt of up to 150 words) with a link back to the original post
- link to our site or any of our public posts
We do not allow any of the following without our written permission:
- re-posting our content in its entirety
- altering or selling any content on this site
- translation of our writings in to another language (because we would want to verify the accuracy of each translation)
To request permission for any of the uses on the above “We do not allow” list, please email Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Kate Johnston | email@example.com
This document was updated on October 15, 2017